I stopped nursing Ryan this week. Due to my milk supply (or lack there of) I had been nursing him in the mornings and evenings, but giving him formula at daycare. We started doing this around 2 months ago because no matter what I tried, I could not pump more than a couple of ounces. And the bigger he gets, the more he wants of course. I kept doing the morning and nighttime nursings because 1) I wanted to give him as much breast milk as I could and 2) once I got past those first hard weeks, I had really come to enjoy it. We were going pretty well, but lately he has been so hungry that after I nurse him, I have to give him a bottle too because he's just not getting enough. Then on top of it I had a business trip to Houston this week so I decided to stop. I'm happy because I made it past my goal of 6 months, but I'm sad because I really loved cuddling with him in the mornings as he ate. I can cuddle with him as he takes his bottle, but it's just not the same.
On a positive note, I drank 4 cups of caffeinated beverages on Wednesday just because I could. It's nice to have my body back for the first time in a year and a half!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey Saru, we are in the same boat. We terminated our breastfeeding this week after 9 months, due to some issues over the past week. I'm both really sad about it, and excited to buy myself some shirts that don't have to be "accessible". Hang in there!
--- Eileen
"It's nice to have my body back for the first time in a year and a half!"
I'm trying to remember what that feels like. Xander is almost 7 months old and it's getting hard to keep going with the nursing and pumping. I guess I thought I'd have my body back once I gave birth. It is nice to be able to sleep on my stomach... not that we get much sleep. :)
Post a Comment